- Checking accounts are to be opened with a minimum of $50.00.
- Members are not required to keep a minimum balance in their checking account.
- Accounts that maintain a minimum balance of $100.00 will earn interest. Any account that drops below $100.00 at any time during the month will not earn interest.
- Canceled checks are not returned to members but copies may be obtained for a fee of $5.00 per copy. Monthly statements are sent out the first of each month.
- Checks are ordered from Harland Clarke Company.
- You may transfer from savings to checking at any time at no charge. If you sign up for overdraft protection and the Credit Union has to auto transfer to pay a draft the charge is $5.00.
- A savings account balance must not fall below any loan pledge when transferring from savings to checking.
- If you have a problem with reconciling your checkbook we can help you with it. The first time is free, but anytime after there is a $20.00 per hour fee.
- If funds are not available for transfer, overdrafts may be returned to the original vendor who accepted them. There will be a $25.00 charge for each overdraft returned.
- The Credit Union offers Visa debit cards for checking accounts.