Your privacy is very important to the Credit Union
- We will never call you and ask for personal information such as your debit/credit card number, Personal Identification Numbers, Social Security Numbers, or other identifying information.
- Unfortunately, caller ID is not always a reliable way to confirm the identity of the caller. Fraudsters can duplicate numbers very easily. If you are ever suspicious of a phone call from the Credit Union, hang up immediately, and call our office to verify the legitimacy. You can reach us at (308) 532-4426 during our office hours posted on our home page.
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal Law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read the notice carefully to understand what we do.
What types of information do we collect?
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us.
This information can include:
- Social security number and account balances
- Transaction history and payment history
- Credit history and credit score
- Employment or income information
When you are no longer our member, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons North Platte Union Pacific Employees Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons we can share your personal Information
- For Everyday business purposes such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus.
- For our marketing purposes to offer our products and services to you.
- For our affiliates to market to you.
How does UP Employees Credit Union protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We have an Information Security Program and a Code of Ethics. All employees are expected to abide by programs and policies established in an effort to protect customer information.
How does UP Employees Credit Union collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Open an account or deposit money
- Pay your bills or apply for a loan
- Use your debit card
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes-information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for non-affiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Questions? Call 308-532-4426